If you have any safeguarding concerns, about a child at our school, please contact the Headteacher or one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) via the school office on 0115 9150298 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also see additional information on the 'Keeping Children Safe' page of our website.
Worried about a child?
- If you have concerns that a child is being harmed the worst thing you can do is nothing.
- Most of us, at some time, will have a concern about a child who lives in our community. However, we don't always know what to do, whether to involve ourselves in someone else's business or who to tell.
- Everyone, irrespective of whether they work directly with children and their families, has a responsibility to ensure that children's well-being is safeguarded and promoted.
- The worst thing you can do if you have concerns is nothing.
- If you believe that a child is at immediate risk and in need of protection then you should call the Police on 999 immediately.
- Alternatively, if you feel the child is a risk of abuse or neglect, but not in immediate need of protection, you should call the Police on 101.
You may be worried about the repercussions of reporting your concerns to Children's Social Care, both for yourself and your family.
The person making the call will always be asked for their name and contact details - so you can be contacted again if needed. However, you can ask for your details to remain confidential, or provide information anonymously.